Here’s the first crop of NCRI Conference podcasts from Sunday. Click on the researcher’s name to go to the podcast player.
- Professor Harvey Chochinov talking about dying with dignity, and his work to train doctors and help terminally ill cancer patients
- Professor Rakesh Jain explaining why drugs designed to cut of the blood supply to cancers may not work in the way we think they do
- Dr Jane Cope talking about this year’s bumper spend on cancer research by the NCRI’s partner organisations, and how to address the problem of under-researched cancer types
- Professor Michel Coleman discussing whether the UK really is the “sick man of Europe” when it comes to cancer survival
- Professor Valerie Beral explaining how thousands of cases of breast cancer could be prevented, and the important of breastfeeding for reducing cancer risk